whats the right age for my daughter to wear makeup

what age should girls start wearing makeup

What Age Should You lot Start Wearing Makeup?

How young is too young for your daughter to clothing makeup?

If you are looking for communication on simple teen makeup tips (similar when to begin?) you lot have come to the correct place…

Hey my friend,

So it turns out this is a question that comes up sooner or afterward.

"When tin can I start wearing makeup?"

It may come upwards earlier however past the time your daughter has hit her teen years there is a good chance yous accept heard these words breathed out loud.

For starters I should note at that place is no right or wrong reply to this question. It is up to the private preference of the parent.

It also depends a great deal on your own relationship with makeup. Do you depend on it daily? Or it is something you put on every bit an reconsideration when yous want to appear to be making some effort?

Unfortunately (or is it fortunately?) for my daughter, I fall into the latter grouping of women who could happily survive with just a dash of lipstick.

This is how I take tackled the question, now that my daughter is nearing the age of 14.

Firstly I should annotation that she loves the thought of makeup.

She spends a lot of fourth dimension watching her favorite YouTubers doing makeup tutorials and has spent the greater part of the twelvemonth perfecting her skills on me.

Turns out she is fabulous at this skill and yeah, I secretly dearest existence a guinea pig for her.

Past the cease of the session she manages to turn me into someone who looks fresh-faced and plain into a style more than attractive version of myself.

I can encounter and empathize the appeal that makeup has for teenagers.

Notwithstanding until this day I have never given the all-clear to my girl wearing makeup in this house.

Why?

Because I have ever idea it was important for kids to first and foremost embrace their natural dazzler.

I fright that girls could potentially grow fond to the idea of painting their faces with makeup that they don't comfortable going anywhere without a layer of war-paint on.

Pretty radical fright, right? Or maybe information technology isn't, given the amount of teens that I see out and about who look like mini-adults with their full-face make-up faces on.

However I accept recently had to respond this makeup question because hey, I can't keep on ignoring it forever. And so this is the plan I came upwards with.

(Note: this question doesn't pertain to wearing makeup during trip the light fantastic toe recitals or the like. Sometimes makeup is required for younger girls – whether it is for a trip the light fantastic toe performance or role equally a flower girl – and this is completely different from the topic at hand – which is optional makeup FOR LEISURE.)

What age should girls start wearing makeup

WHAT Historic period SHOULD GIRLS START WEARING MAKEUP?

Stage 1: LET'South START Boring (FROM AGE 12-14)

MAKEUP: Concealer and Tinted Lip-gloss

It is just fair if your teen breaks out with a pimple that they will want to cover it upward with concealer.

I mean, I would want to cover upwards a pimple too if it wasn't pretty (and pimples never are, right?).

Tinted lip-gloss is also a not bad place to start as it isn't too obtrusive (a piddling like putting pawpaw cream on your lips or am I just kidding myself?).

At this stage, it is all about Being SUBTLE I believe.

Every bit my daughter pointed out, it's not that kids her age want to wear makeup all the time.

Information technology's just that they want to be ALLOWED to wear information technology on occasion.

This is definitely a reasonable request in my opinion.

One time they reach loftier school (which happens the year they turn age 12 or 13 hither in Australia), we absolutely expect our teens to act with more maturity.

We give them more responsibility; we let them stay up a little afterwards; we allow them get out more often with friends.

So it'due south but off-white that they earn a few privileges along with that. If everything else happens in infant steps then it merely makes sense that makeup wearing should besides.

WHAT Age SHOULD GIRLS START WEARING MAKEUP?

Phase ii: Let'S Learn THIS STUFF (FROM AGE fifteen-17)

MAKEUP: All the other stuff, including concealer and lip-gloss

By this age, teens are going to desire to experiment with makeup, which is totally normal and to be expected.

Makeup tin can be fun!

Makeup in fact SHOULD be fun. During these years it is fine for them to give things a go and meet how they can enhance their natural beauty.

Ideally makeup should however exist saved for special occasions at this age, as opposed to a daily full-confront obsession for obvious reasons.

Cardinal Give-and-take: NATURAL BEAUTY

Girls need to know they are cute WITHOUT makeup too.

They shouldn't feel similar they NEED to put on makeup earlier they leave the house.

This is why I am a little stricter when it comes to makeup.

My mind boggles when I meet other articles suggesting that makeup is fine to wear regularly from age x.

At age x, they should still be having fun with their dolls and playing exterior with their friends, not focused on staring into the mirror, trying to make themselves "look prettier!"

I know this potentially goes against pop opinion but I've always told my kids to but enjoy each twelvemonth as information technology comes.

When y'all are 10, enjoy being a 10 year one-time and take fun doing things that are appropriate for a 10 year sometime.

When you are thirteen, enjoy being a 13 year old and have fun doing things that are appropriate for a thirteen year old.

Don't try to exist a xiii year erstwhile when you are ten.

Don't attempt to exist a 16 year former when you are thirteen.

And don't try to be a 21 twelvemonth onetime when you are 16.

Why blitz kids through their years?

There is a right time and place for everything.

WHAT AGE SHOULD GIRLS Offset WEARING MAKEUP?

PHASE ii: It'S NOT UP TO YOU ANYMORE FROM Age 18 and up

MAKEUP: Could exist anything and whatever style, including Gothic.

Ah this is the indicate where you need to footstep back as a parent and let them do their own thing.

They are adults now.

It isn't up to you anymore.

Trust that they can make their own choices, just like you did when yous were a young adult.

They can really clothing whatsoever they like at this stage.

As for the definitive answer to the question: What Historic period Should Girls Start Wearing Makeup?

I think it comes down to what You AS THE PARENT experience comfortable with.

I didn't feel comfortable saying yes at historic period 12 or early on historic period 13 but as my daughter nears 14 the idea is growing on me that the world won't fall apart if she starts to wear makeup.

You tin can use this post every bit a guide but it'south as well fine if you think "gosh, she's and then old-fashioned. I don't mind if my daughter starts wearing it younger."

And that's totally absurd…Your child, your rules.

You demand to decide what YOUR FEELINGS are on the matter and choose WHAT IS RIGHT FOR You.

I think the hardest matter is accepting that they are growing older every twenty-four hour period.

Simply rest assured, they can all the same grow up to be confident, compassionate, responsible, great kids, whether they vesture a little makeup or a lot.

Earlier yous go…

  • If you are curious most how you lot can brand your life instantly meliorate, I take a greatcheatsheet hither for you lot.
  • If you'd dear me as your private life passenger vehicle check out THE DREAMING TO DOING COACHING EXPERIENCE
  • If you want to amend your parenting skills dramatically check outBE A BETTER PARENT IN 30 DAYS.
  • If you want to larn how to manage your mind to get any outcome you want out of life check out THE MANAGING YOUR Listen Main COURSE
  • You tin can listen to the Dream Large My Friend podcast hither on Spotify or via Apple Podcasts.
  • All my other courses (more than than 40!) can be found hither in my Inspiring Life Teachable shop.
  • Finally if yous want to stay in bear upon feel free to join ourINSPIRING LIFE TRIBE for your weekly dose of inspiration. The mere fact that y'all are here right now means you would be perfect fit!

RELATED PARENTING POSTS:

>> How To Raise A Child With Grit

>> How To Spoil Your Kids (If Yous Insist On Doing Some Real Damage)

>> 100 Rules For A Expert Life

>> x Parenting Truths To Remember

>> Why Study Cards Aren't The Be-All and Cease-All In Life

>> Life Is Hard Plenty Without You Making It Even Harder For Your Kids

>> Children Don't Stay Young Forever – Raising Groovy Kids

>> Stepping Outside Your Comfort Zone Equally A Parent

>> How To Give Your Kid Wings – Raising Groovy Kids

>> 50 Questions To Ask Your Kids